Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cold Weather

Every morning I look out the window to judge what what I should wear for the day. Oftentimes the weather looks promising, and oftentimes I am wrong. I can't help it that when I trudging through the snow in the mid-afternoon in nothing more than a tee-shirt and jeans I curse nature for her little games.

It was only a few weeks back that I saw a glimmer of hope on the horizon. I put my faith in a little rodent and it failed me. Our beloved pest saw his shadow and hid deep in his hole. He lays there cozy for six more weeks while the rest of us try to brave out the remains of the winter. Upon hearing the results of his prediction, I grabbed my wrist-rocket and I asked, "Can anyone kindly point the way to Punxsutawney?" Time, money, and threat of a guilty conscience kept me from making the trip,but this is certain, I will be watching Phil closely this coming year, and I am saving my money just in case.

1 comment: